Tuesday 5 January 2010

Notes to self


These are some drawings I made on the tube.. I like doing that typeface , and I have realized that I must really like making pages with drawings on the left and text on the right , because I've done lots of drawings like this in the past. The faces aren't exactly meant to be self portraits.. I make them while quickly looking at people on the tube and then give them my hair and beard. Talking to my friend lydia we also noticed that lots of the drawings i do (or have done in the past rather) are quite nicely connected by the fact that they are about or involving transport (even if that just means that they are made whilst travelling) . I don't really know what the bits of text are about... They seem a bit dramatic looking back on them... when I created a folder to save them in I was going to call it "self portraits", but they are not really that, so i was going to call it "notebook", but I had a folder under that name already, so I amalgamated them to make "notes to self", which I though was quite fitting. The idea is that Ill continue to make these, but in actual fact its unlikely that I will.. would be nice though..


No comments: